What to Expect During Your Visit
The Ballard Institute will reopen to the public on on a reduced operating schedule with timed entry.
The museum will be open Wednesday – Saturday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. by reservation only.
The museum is closed Sunday through Tuesday.
Your health and safety are our top priority, so be assured we are following all Connecticut State and University of Connecticut guidelines for health and safety. By visiting the Museum, you agree to abide by these policies.
- Only one group of up to 6 visitors from a family or quarantine unit will be allowed in the museum at a time during each 30-minute time slot (if you need more time, you can reserve two slots!). There are no exceptions to this rule. If a group that is larger than 6 wants to visit, they must break up into separate time slots.
- People can only visit by reservation.
- Reserve a time slot by visiting our UConn Marketplace store or by calling 860.486.8580 on Wednesday – Saturday.
During your visit:
- When you arrive at the museum, please wait outside and call the front desk staff at 860.486.8580 to let them know you have arrived. They will let you know when you can enter the museum.
- Face masks are required while visiting the museum for visitors aged 2 and up. Our staff will be wearing masks for your protection.
- Please adhere to social distancing guidelines and remain 6 feet away from people outside your group.
- Visitors should not enter the museum if they are feeling sick.
- Please use the hand sanitizing stations provided in the museum.
- Our staff will clean high-touch surfaces between time slots during our opening hours.
We can’t wait to welcome you!