What to Expect During Your Visit
Hours of Operation:
Your health and safety are our top priority, so be assured we are following all Connecticut State and University of Connecticut guidelines for health and safety. By visiting the Museum, you agree to abide by these policies.
Our guidelines below will orient you before you arrive.
Please plan ahead.
- Masks are recommended, but not required.
- Class visits must be scheduled, and student groups must wear masks. Other visitors may enter without an appointment.
- Visitors are encouraged to monitor their health and to stay home if symptomatic.
- Enjoy the collections and exhibitions at your own pace but please be courteous and aware of others around you and maintain at least 6’ distance.
Groups: Groups of 10 or more are required to call Museum Staff in advance at 860-486-8580 and will not be admitted without prior reservation.
- Restrooms are open.
- Water fountains are available for refilling bottles only.
About Cleaning during COVID-19
- We have installed air purifiers in each gallery.
- Staff will clean high-touch surfaces during our opening hours.
We can’t wait to welcome you to the Ballard Institute!